We offer what we believe is the best martial art in the world. Taekwondo is an exciting and powerful martial art known for its dynamic kicking and hand techniques. Although these martial arts techniques are centuries old, our programs are always evolving to keep pace with the rapidly changing world.
We realize that each student has different physical abilities. Size and strength vary with each individual. Once you have acquired a strong foundation in the basics, our program will enhance your physical capabilities and maximize your self-defense skills. You will understand exactly what it takes, mentally and physically, to defend yourself or your loved ones should the need ever arise.
At Whidbey Island Martial Arts, we are not interested in just teaching self-defense, we are interested in the complete personal development of each student. Individual attention is a feature of each and every class, allowing all students to progress quickly and confidently toward their personal goals. Our instructors take their responsibilities seriously as role models for younger students, teaching them the importance of strong character, leadership and good values.
* 2nd Degree Black Belt
* State, National and World Training
* Black Belt of the Year (Region 119-A)
* State Championships (Washington State)
* District Championships (Northwest)
* 2020 (4 State Championships)
* 2020 National Champion in Sparring
* 2020 National Champion in Combat Weapon Sparring
* Competed in the Top 10 at World Championships
*Currently ranked #1 in the World in Combat Weapon Sparring
*Currently ranked #3 in the World in Sparring
* ATA Level 3 Judge
* Trained under 5th Degree Black Belt Mr. Armstrong
* Attended training classes with Chief Master Church who has had the #1 ATA School for 15 years